Friday, August 04, 2006

road of life under construction

the road of my life is totally under construction. i was on my way to graduate this morning and the road leading me there was being worked on. the going was slow and there was nothing but a mess everywhere i looked. its as though following graduation nothing in my life will be certain. i'm struggling right now. i'm trying to hard to feel led by God right now but i just don't know what he wants for my life. i'm not totally in the dark. i know i was created to serve him and to love others with all that i am. i guess i just don't know what i'm meant to do in a more specific sense. Lord, teach me to find peace, solace, and stability when i can't see your path for my life laid out before me. teach me to be patient and have faith strong enough to know that you will provide me with a way to stand up under any burden that i face, that you will light my path in order to see what you want me to, and that it's impossible for me to get off track far enough to do damage you can't repair. Lord, "teach me to walk by faith when i cannot see [and] to stay right here in the light" (Jeremy Camp, Stay) Truth: the road of my life is taking me slowly along and its seems to be nothing more than a mess. Greater truth: God is getting me right where I need to be a little everyday. God can navigate the broken road. there's grace along the way; God's grace is always sufficient.

No comments: