Thursday, March 23, 2006

Desires of My Heart

God gives you the desires of your heart. Does this mean he gives you the things that your heart desires or he creates the desires in your heart? My heart is in one city and my body in another. If God has given me this desire I should be there, right?
I don't have the answers to these questions. I feel I could lose everything and live in a shack, being content, happy, and blessed so long as I didn't forget who my Lord is or who by consequence that makes me. I believe I could make it alone without being bitter or unhappy. God is in the business of healing broken hearts. He's healed one before I'm sure of. The only heart he can't heal is the one broken by denial of him.
I can't shake the belief that I would be happier without all of the things of this world with God as my captain than have all of them with myself as my captain. After all, alone I am never lonely. How could I be when I read the truth and talk to the One who wrote it?
Lord, there is your way and the highway and I've been out on that lonely road too long to want to keep traveling it. Show me the way home-the one that leads to life. I want to be yours more than I want to be any other thing. So whatever else is going on, that is the primary desire of my heart.

No comments: