Friday, April 28, 2006

art exhibition

I don't always know where I'm supposed to be, but it always seems as though God has me exactly where he wants me. It's as though he uses those around us to tell us the things he wants us to know. Tonight, he used a German classmate of mine to tell me that I have depth and its okay to be close to my parents, yet break away for self-absorbed reasons of my own. It's okay to enjoy final days even though they don't last. He used a political science, model/actor classmate of mine to show me that it's okay to love and to hurt and to leave your heart out there to do it all over again. He used a couple of really good friends to show me he's thinking about me, that he cares, and that I'm not alone. God uses the people who come into our lives as instruments to help us. Sometimes, it's that listening ear at just the right time, sometimes it's a well placed hug, and sometimes it's a phone call, saying, "hey, come play with us." that seem to make sense when nothing else does. It's crazy how a random jaunt through a golf course in the middle of the night, when that night and a few subsequent days belong to you, can lead to a chapel where the doors aren't locked. A cross on the ceiling can show you that everything is just as it should be. It's not that the circumstances of your life are any more clear or that you have figured out the direction you should take. It's that you have peace and can run around confidently in circles like a chicken with your head cut off laughing hysterically because you aren't the one driving anyways. I guess I'm saying Jesus took the wheel, and I ended up in my father's house singing praises to his name, knowing that in that moment there was no place else I should be. Funny how God began this night with an art exhibition and showed me beauty all night long.

No comments: