Thursday, March 08, 2007

I asked the Lord to let the wind blow and I got a tornado

Pslam 150:1 tells us to Praise him in His sanctuary. His sanctuary is a temple. My body has clearly been called His temple. Therefore, I am to praise Him in my body. Well, that means I will praise Him all the days I'm on the earth, dwelling in my mortal body.

I praise the Lord for granting me the desires of my heart. The Bible tells us the Lord gives us the desires of our hearts, and while I've never figured out if He inspires in us the things we want or He grants us the things our hearts already desire, I'm beginning to think it's a little of both.

I ask for things and believe it will done for me and alas it is. I say to the Lord, "I want this and it may be bad for me, but I still want it, Lord, and I can handle the consequences." However, I say, "even if I never get it that's okay but that doesn't change the fact that I want it." The Lord says, "here it is. Can you handle it?" I say, "yes, for you are still my Lord."

Lord, I'm astounded at how effeciently and exactly you have answered all my petitions.
I caution us all to be careful of what we pray for. The Lord is listening and sometimes he will knock you off your feet with how precise and quickly he moves. Do not hesitate to vocalize the desires of your heart for the Lord knows them anyways, be they good or bad, but be strong enough in your relationship with the Lord and in your focus upon him to handle what he sends.

After all, I asked God for excitement and power and for mystery and elation, and the next thing I knew I had a storm brewing on the horizon. The storm is the embodiment of all these things I asked for, but it is prudent to remember that I have no control over the storm and it has the power to destroy yme. Therefore, make sure that God is always waiting in the wings to quell the storm you begged him to unleash.

No comments: