Wednesday, January 17, 2007

mud and ants on the trail to any place beautiful

After a good run on a beautiful day, I decided to take a long cool down walk. Amazing discoveries awaited me. I found myself seeing things in places I had been a thousand times and failed to notice. I explored new trails which I had been only by and had never myself traversed. So I found turtles, and wonderful hills overlooking trees, and bridges and water. What did I gain along the way? I got mud on my shoes and ants crawling on my legs. Still, despite the mud and the ants, I wouldn't have missed the things I found.

God is taking care of me despite the mud and the ants along my trail. How do I know? Because a dear man has my name written in his Bible so he can remember to pray for me every now and then. Who knows how many secret guardian angels we all have in the world? Maybe there is always someone out there who is thinking of us and praying strength into our lives when we are no longer strong enough to ask for it. It is probably these miracles that give us the perseverance to trudge through the mud and brush away the ants in order to see all the beauty in the world.

It really is true what Tom Hanks' character says in Apollo 13: "You never know what events are going to transpire to get you home."

There are angels among us.

No comments: