Sunday, January 07, 2007

woolen sheep eyes

I need to write; I need to do it always. Three things I need to always do. I need to always run. I need to always write. And I need to always pray. It is these things that make for a sane, healthy life for me. It’s different for everyone I suppose, but somehow, I think prayer should make all our lists. I guess some people need to always draw, play ball, life weights, meditate, take a walk, do yoga, or whatever. Those are things that take care of the side of us that belongs to this earth, but we will never be okay (forget stable) unless we learn to maintain the side of ourselves that does not belong to this earth. The skeptic will tell you that’s all nonsense and that what I’m about to say is coincidence. All I know is that whenever I fail to talk to God, to read his words, to write them again as I understand them, everything in my life falls spectacularly apart. There is no balance and happiness and purity flee the scene like a thief in the night. Walking with God is the only thing in life I always feel good about. It’s the only time I feel like I’m learning and growing, bettering myself and discovering the things I was meant to know. Also, walking with God is the only I find solace and self-esteem. The longer I’m away from Him, the less I like me. Because what I begin to see is His light being replaced by the darkness of this world and its UGLY! Given all this, why do we ever stray and turn away? We do it because the devil is a charmer and a liar, continuously pulling the wool over our eyes. How ironic! We are God’s sheep, yet we allow the devil to pull the wool over our eyes.

No comments: