Monday, January 22, 2007

suspended from the heights of happiness

I wanted to update my status online so I put the first thing that came to mind. Where it says Katie is... I put suspended from the heights of happiness. At first, I thought well what does that mean? Then I thought, who cares? It sounds cool. However, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Then all of a sudden I realized that I truly am suspended from the heights of happiness. God has suspended us all from heaven down to earth. We have a direct line from heaven straight to earth through Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We aren't from here. We are aliens here. We are on loan from heaven to earth. We are like coast guards suspended from a helicopter cable who are to reach down into the depths of the turbulent and ferocious oceans and pluck souls out of the grips of death. Our cable will never give way and will always be strong enough to hold us and anyone we are willing to save. So as long as we are hanging around here, stuck between heaven and earth, we might as well steal a few over to the victory side. Christians are all stuck between heaven and earth. No, I don't mean purgatory. I mean "we are in the world but we are not of the world." "We are not to live as the world lives for we are children of God who are dearly loved. What does this mean to me? It means I don't fear the storms that claim the lives of others. My Heavenly Father proved that he could make the waves subside, even in his earthly body. I am suspended from the heights of happiness and the Holy Spirit, which lives in me is the umbilical cord which feeds that happiness through me. I am to love others we the same love which I have been shown and to forgive others with the same forgiveness with which my sins have been blotted out. Is this an easy task? Hell no! Sounds easy on paper, but the devil knows just how to distract you from your mission. It's scary out there. There is wind, waves, rain, hell, sleet, snow, lightning, and a million other hazards and perils out there. Be brave, but never hesitate to send out an S.O.S. to God.

No comments: